There is no better way to unwind and combat stress than by having a relaxing massage, however the key to getting the most out of your experience is to use the right type of massage oil to maximize your relaxation. There are many different types of oils out there, and each is suited to a different purpose, and it can be difficult to know which ones to use to achieve ultimate relaxation.
For generations, it is known that essential oils have played a key role in the healing of the body, with ayurvedic oils such as sesame and olive oils being used as long as 5000 years ago in India to treat numerous ailments of the body. With the best carrier oils being pure, cold pressed and chemical free, it is possible to combine them with pure essential oils to produce a luxurious recipe that can promote rest, healing and relaxation.
Massage therapists are skilled at knowing the right type of oil to use to treat each type of condition, and have an extensive knowledge of which one is suitable for each patient. By using the most suitable type of high quality warm oil to massage the body, a gliding, smooth motion can be obtained to promote deep relaxation and to nourish the skin. Some of the best oils for relaxing massage include:
- Almond oil – ideal for nourishing dry skin while acting as an anti-inflammatory
- Arnica oil – this anti-inflammatory oil is ideal for relieving pain, bruises, sore muscles and stiffness
- Coconut oil – this thick oil is ideal for soothing dry and rough skin
- Emu oil – this is the perfect oil for sensitive skins, and has many excellent properties including anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, and speedy healing which helps to relieve abrasions, eczema, psoriasis and burns
- Grapeseed – this smooth and light all-natural oil is easily absorbed and is packed with minerals and vitamins for better skin health
- Jojoba – this cold pressure oil has a silky, smooth glide. Full of Vitamin E, it is very similar to the body’s natural oils
- Kukui Nut – this pure oil is smooth and rich with a delightful tropical smell. This is the perfect choice for a Hawaiian body treatment
- Olive Oil – this cold press oil is easy to warm and helps to relieve stiffness and soreness
- Sesame Oil – this Ayurvedic oil is high quality and 100% pure, being rich in minerals and vitamins. It is good for treating eczema and psoriasis as well as rough skin and arthritis
If you choose the right type of massage oil, you can enjoy the most relaxing possible massage experience, especially if you suffer from any type of pre-existing skin condition such as psoriasis, eczema or dry skin. As you can see from the above list, there are many suitable massage oils which not only promote a relaxed state but they also relieve skin problems, leaving the skin nourished and the body relaxed.